ADAPT are now offering grants to support members based in low resourced settings.
Please find the short information and application forms below.
If you have any questions regarding the grant, please email Fiona Lindsay, ADAPT Research Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ADAPT Grants are for members only Join ADAPT
Loading Drive Folder...
What other grants and awards are available to Physiotherapists working in Global Health?
- MAITS provides grants to UK based individuals who have an existing relationship with an organisation overseas and are looking for some extra funds to help with a training visit. here
- The Winston Churchill Memorial Trust: provides grants to British citizens, resident in the UK, to travel overseas to study areas of topical and personal interest, to gain knowledge and bring back best practice for the benefit of others, their profession and community, in the UK. [temporarily on hold due to coronavirus] here
- The Jack Petchey Memorial Fund provides a grant of up to £400 for people aged 16 – 25 from London or Essex to undertake voluntary work abroad. here
Via the CSP:
Education and Development Placements
- To assist CSP qualified, associate and student members travelling overseas to centres of excellence/quality institutions in countries with well-established physiotherapy practices on study visits/projects for educational or research purposes to develop physiotherapy practice on return to the UK; or to support enhancement of physiotherapy through international education and development projects between the UK and physiotherapy members of the World Confederation of Physical Therapy (WCPT) member countries in the developing region; or to assist pre-registration physiotherapy students undertaking an elective clinical placement or similar educational exchange.
Conference and Presentation Awards
- To fund qualified, associate or student members normally residing in the UK, who wish to contribute to a national conference or meeting relevant to, but outside physiotherapy;
- To fund qualified, associate or student members wishing to contribute to an overseas physiotherapy-specific/relevant or interdisciplinary international conference/meeting with the exception of the World Confederation of Physical Therapy Congress;
- To fund those contributing to a physiotherapy or interdisciplinary international conference in the UK;
- It also supports qualified physiotherapists, associate and student members presenting papers for the first time at peer-reviewed national physiotherapy conferences held in the UK which includes the CSP annual congress, who have never presented at any physiotherapy related or specific conferences before, in the UK or overseas.
Academically Accredited Course Awards
Two funding rounds per year here
This fund only supports applications for national academically accredited or validated programmes. E.g. National Vocational Qualifications, BTEC Awards, Access courses, MSc, PhDs etc.
Research Awards here
There are a number of research awards open to applications from both novice and experienced researchers who are qualified members of the CSP.